Thankful for pumpkin pie!

Pumpkin pie is my absolute favorite dessert but for the past year I haven't been able to eat it!  This year I was determined to eat pie and so I went searching for a recipe that I could enjoy.  I was looking for a vegan, gluten free recipe.  What has changed for me over this past year is that it turns out I feel much better when I don't eat eggs, dairy or gluten and my oldest son seems to be the same way.  

You can find the recipe I used here!  I only made a few modifications, I used fresh organic pumpkin from a local farm.  I roasted them in the oven and then scooped out the flesh (I also roasted the seeds).  I used 3/4 cup organic cane sugar and 1/4 cup real maple syrup.  I used blackstrap molasses and I added 45 mins to the cooking time.  It was a hit at Thanksgiving dinner and no one knew the difference!  

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians! Enjoy some pie!

Comments

Oh my, my mouth is watering...
Hello! I like your blog & all posts. I`m following your amazing blog =)
You are welcome to visit my blog & leave a comment =)

Popular Posts