Irreplaceable, Irreducible Love

Patrick, my husband and our son stood in a wedding this past weekend.  It was so much fun, one of those really touching weddings and we certainly have some really wonderful memories. Thank you Mike and Liisa for inviting us to share in such a special day. 

The title of this post reflects the words used by the groom in his speech to his bride.  He spoke of irreplaceable, irreducible love rooted in the history of the loved individual, in this case his bride. Our stories makes us who we are and because of this no one is like us.  We are all irreplaceable and irreducible.  Looking to our history we can see who we are and find out that we are already part of a larger story that grounds us.  So, what's your story?  

Comments

Carla Dyck said…
We are part of a larger story and this does ground us, I totally agree!! Beautiful post!
Lena said…
I have thought of irreplaceable as a scary word that I describe my marriage with. It makes me think often of how I would react to (or be paralyzed by) his absence, how unable I am to replace him.

But irreducible is so hopeful and filled with warmth. Today (yes today!) is the day I met him 10 years ago. We have grown so much in the past 10 years and in that time have grown and expanded. This is my reserve power for when we are separated--the fact that we have grown what we started with, our talents, our love, our family.

I think this especially, Renee, when I look at that photo of the three of you. W is such a combo of the two of you, of the growth of your relationship, of the things you've been through.

And even though he's not pictured, then there's also FP! Marriage is definitely irreducible!
Well said Lena and a BIG congrats to you and Paul on your 10 year anniversary!

Popular Posts