Getting Personal | The Meaning Behind the Remember: Lily Series





How do you overcome pain and suffering? The kind that's remembered from years ago, past traumas, that you had no control over. The misunderstandings that shaped your mind and caused confusion, that was not your own but someone else's pain and suffering. Unearthed from deep within, things you didn't know you buried but now have mined and discovered, terrible little treasures that somehow shed light on something you didn't see before. Realizing you have a piece of the puzzle, you may not ever know the complete picture. Christians are not perfect. I don't think anyone is.  Forgiving yourself, forgiving others. Focussing on the journey that is my life, who I am, who I'm called to be in the light of something bigger. Understanding as an adult and not as a child. The struggle is to see the pain and suffering of past traumas and hurt in the right light. To see it for what it really is and who you really are and find the healing that you need. This series is about having the courage to remember and to remember rightly, in community and not on my own.


You can find pieces from my Remember: Lily Series at my Etsy shop and at my Minted store.

Comments

Popular Posts